Sports Broadcasting Team Calling the Plays

Even if you can’t attend a Chapin Eagle varsity football game, you can still see and hear all the action. Thanks to a group of dedicated students and a parent volunteer who has what it takes to pull together technology and talent, Chapin High now has a sports broadcasting program that continues to grow.  Bill Wolfe is the parent volunteer who has dedicated much time and energy along with  many resources to get this program off the ground. Kim Berry and Tracye Charpia have also been incredible supporters of this program. And even though his own kids have already graduated from CHS, Wolfe is serving as producer of the broadcasts and allowing members of the Chapin Family to experience athletic events wherever an Internet connection can be found.

Please read below to meet the young men who are the founding members of the Chapin Eagle Sports Network.

action-shot-cesn-photoshop

Jacob “Jake” Kea is a native of the Columbia area. Providing the color commentary for the Chapin Eagle Sports Network, he is also the Jake Kea Profile Pic CompressedSports Information Director for the Chapin Student Press Network. Jake is a junior at Chapin High School, and will graduate in the spring of 2015 with numerous honors. He is a member of the Chapin baseball team, and he aspires to play at the collegiate level, while pursuing a degree that focuses on sports entertainment. A die hard South Carolina Gamecock fan, Jake has a vast knowledge of collegiate athletics. He is a proud member of the Chapin Student Press Network and the Chapin Eagle Sports Network.

JasonKibler-Profile-Pic-photoshopJacob Kibler is a native of Columbia, South Carolina. Jacob is a sophomore at Chapin High School and will graduate in the spring of 2016, he intends on attending college and majoring in the field of law. He enjoys playing sports and boating on Lake Murray. A die hard South Carolina Gamecock fan, Jacob spends most of his Saturdays at Williams Brice Stadium. Jacob is a high sports IQ guy. It is his first year as the Senior Statistic Analyst for the Chapin Eagle Sports Network. He also provides commentary for Chapin football.

Mario Maculuso was born in Dothan, Alabama. After moving to Chapin in the summer of 2010, his interest in Chapin Football took off. Mario isMario-Maculuso-Profile-Pic-photoshop the head play by play for the Chapin varsity football team. Also an athlete himself, he is known for his high sports IQ on and off the field. A sophomore at Chapin High School, Mario excels in the class room and has his eye set on higher education. An avid Louisiana State fan, he has an understanding of complex recruiting at the collegiate level. Mario is a member of our Lady of the Lake Catholic church and spends a lot of time giving back to the Chapin community. Mario is not only a proud founding member of Chapin Eagle Sports Network, he is the voice of Chapin football.

Drew-Shealy-Profile-Pic-for-photoshopDrew Shealy is Software Expert/Media Specialist for the Chapin Eagle Sports Network. Drew is a local of the Chapin area. A junior at Chapin High School, he will be graduating in the spring of 2015 in the top 7% of his class and as a member of Chapin’s Academic Leadership Program. He plans on furthering his education at the college level and beyond. Drew is a pitcher for the Chapin High School Baseball team and has a passion for athletics. An avid Gamecock and Atlanta Braves fan, Drew has a great knowledge of the sports world. A member of Bethel Lutheran Church, he was awarded the SC Lutheran Synod Young Man award in 2012. Drew Shealy is a proud member of the Chapin Sports Network family.