3 vs. 3 Basketball Tournament

The 2023 3 vs. 3 basketball tournament did not disappoint. Players from all grades got together and built their teams in hopes of winning it all. 

The tournament started with around 32 teams and was narrowed down throughout the week to the final 2 teams. ‘Chapin High’s Drew Crew’ faced off against ‘Chapin BLM’ in an intense championship game. ‘Chapin High’s Drew Crew defeated’ ‘Chapin BLM’ 12-10 with a great performance from junior Campbell Todd who finished with 7 points, coupled with double digit rebounds. Sophomores Andrew Evans and Griff Harper complemented the star and raised the famous 3 vs. 3 trophy. 

This will not be the only tournament of the year. In March of 2024 there is a March Madness 3 vs. 3 basketball tournament with the same format that students are very intrigued to watch. In a recent interview with Chapin High School Senior Hunter Ellison, he was asked what he liked best about the 3 vs. 3 tournament. He said, “The competitiveness, energy and atmosphere that the students brought to the tournament makes it very exciting. I came to watch the skilled players and have a good time with my friends and for free entertainment.” 

Winner of the tournament, Campbell Todd, was asked about how he feels winning the tournament and he said “I enjoyed ‘dogging’ on everyone.”

All in all, Chapin High School athletes and students put on a show for all who come to watch, and the spectators always bring outstanding energy.