Boys are dumb

“Boys are dumb, that’s the end of it,” said junior, Brooke Bauer.

When it comes to teen relationships, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?

Junior, Thames Jamison, said, “Relationships stink! They’re pointless…it’s high school, You’re going to break up.”

Some people in high school, such as Thames, do not want to waste their time with relationships.  Being in a relationship can sometimes get a little sticky.  Keeping up with a boyfriend or girlfriend and your friends can be hard.  A lot of times, teens have to choose between the two.

“When Phillip is busy, I hang out with my friends,” said junior, Lexie Ricard.

Sometimes, couples have the same group of friends which allows them to hang out with each other more and not have to worry about upsetting their friends.  Being in a relationship can be hard, but generally fun.  Being with someone you really like that also likes you in return can boost your self confidence and make you a happier person.

However, teenagers do not need to be in a relationship to be happy.  Many teens are happy with their normal routine, such as school work, spending time with their family and hanging out with their friends on the weekends. 

“There’s a lot more time that I don’t have to waste and I enjoy keeping my money,” said senior, Thomas Fitzpatrick.

“I think relationships are too much drama,” said freshman, Andrew Minges.

“I don’t think that people should date until they can drive because it makes it easier, said sophomore, Dillon Gums, “You don’t have to have your parents drive you everywhere”.

The most common break up line is, “It’s not you, it’s me”.  Break ups can be upsetting, but friends and family can always help you feel better.  Teen relationships can be a great.  It depends on who is in the relationship and how they manage their time.