Chapin has twins?!

Being a twin might seem to be pretty awesome, but twins don’t feel any different about their sibling than anyone else.  When most people think of twins, they think of two people who look exactly alike that act the same, talk the same and do the same things.  In most cases, this is not a correct assumption.  In fact, many twins are apart a lot of the time while at school and because of this, it causes them to have different social lives.  Many people compare twins to each other.  Comparing one another to their sibling can be kind of aggravating to twins.  Think about how it would feel to be constantly compared and judged against your brother or sister. 

Senior, Brett Cherubini says, “Being a twin sucks because you don’t get to have your own life.  Teachers are always comparing me to Kyle and people are always getting us mixed up”.

Brett is not the only twin that feels this way.

“Having a twin sister is interesting and different.  The main thing that I do not like about being a twin is being called Hannah, but there are benefits from having a twin.  I don’t have to start the school year off alone and we get to share each others clothes.  However, I feel like I would be more independent if I was not a twin” says junior, Megan Fallaw.

Having a twin is pretty much just like having a brother or sister that is older or younger.  The only difference to the siblings is their age is the same.  As children, they were probably dressed the same, their parents probably chose names that sound alike and they were most likely put it sports together, or dance classes together, but by the time twins reach high school, they feel don’t feel anymore unusual than anybody else.  So, next time a set of twins cross your path, treat them as if they were normal brother or sisters because to them, being a twin is not as special as everyone thinks.