Filed under Features

Christmas Traditions at Chapin High

Christmas is coming up and that means a long break and family time!  Even though we have a few days and multiple midterms standing in  the way of us and winter break; students talked about Christmas and the special meaning it has. This Christmas season we wanted to hear about other peoples holiday traditions. We asked Chapin High School students about their favorite Christmas and holiday traditions.

Alyssa Swick, junior at Chapin said, “Every Christmas we make meatballs for dinner and we always sing happy birthday to Jesus and put him in the manger” and her favorite part about the holidays is “The lights I love Christmas lights.”

“Making cookies, Christmas shopping with my mom, family Christmas pictures, and my granddad reading the night before Christmas to all the cousins,” said Sidney Lindler about her favorite Christmas traditions. Sidney’s favorite things about the holidays are “Helping my grandma decorate the tree and breakfast on Christmas with my moms side of the family”

Sussy Garcia, junior at Chapin said, ” My family stays up until 12 instead of waking up early in the morning, and we go downstairs all in our pajamas and open up stocking based on oldest to youngest in our family then do presents”. Sussy’s favorite part about the holidays is, “My favorite part is being with my family and celebrating the true meaning and being able to spend it with my favorite people.”

“We have family Christmas and my grandfather always reads the story of Jesus birth from the bible before we are aloud to open presents,” said Katie Miller, junior about her favorite Christmas traditions. Katie’s favorite things about the holidays are “My favorite part is all the time I get to spend with my family.”

Maddie Broad, senior at Chapin said, “We go to Olive Garden on Christmas Eve” and her favorite part about the holidays is “We go to both my grandparents house on Christmas one house for lunch and one house for dinner.”

Christmas is coming up and our students could not be any more thrilled! We hope everyone has a happy holiday this Christmas season.

About the Writer
Emily Koenig, Staff Reporter

Emily is in 11th grade. She cheers for her high school and has won 2 state championships. She enjoys hanging out with her family and friends. Emily...