Chapin Student Press Network

Chapin Student Press Network

Chapin Student Press Network

Alison Galat-Reporter

I’m Senior Alison Galat, and this is my third year on the Chapin Claw Staff. I’ve always attended Chapin High and within learning who I am within the School system I have decided not to attend college. I am traveling to Kenya, Africa to work, help and offer any help within a children’s orphanage called “Gods little Children”. My grandfather Pastor Dave Bentley sponsors this organization with our church Bayview Baptist and I have chosen to work within youth groups and camps until I am physically ready for the long trip to Africa. I decided to take the year off after school for closer adventures within the United States, very close to home I’m going to Cherokee where I’ll spend a few months at a Youth Camp and help troubled teens realize their potential.
Before I decided to be a traveling missionary, I wanted to go to AUI (Art University Institute) of Charleston and become a Pastry Artist. After a few years within the missionary field I may decide to go back and continue this dream.
My major interest are movies, I am a movie addict. I own well over 250 DVD’s and over 600 VHS’s. I love TV but I can’t act. I enjoy movies made by Tim Burton and Movies staring Johnny Depp and Nicole Kidman. I also enjoy music, Country, Rap, Metal, I love it all. All types of music tell something different and I see no reason to limit myself to one genre.