Sad? Are you serious?

Hey there, Chapin. I suppose that I’m supposed to send you a loving and grateful farewell, given all that you have taught me and all of the wonderful memories we share. However, if I have learned anything from my three years here at Chapin it is that lying is wrong.

I honestly couldn’t be happier that my time here is almost at an end. Did I learn as much as could? I hope so. Am I grateful to the teachers who get paid far less than they deserve to teach me? Yes. But that does not mean that I will retain one pinch of fond affection for this institution after I am gone.

I began my time here sophomore year, so I can respect those who have had to endure this place for a whole year longer than I have.

You know all of those students who come back years after graduation to visit? Chill – I won’t be one of them. I think I might have a seizure if I was forced to walk down the pale white hallways of CHS again after my release.

I understand that high school is supposed to be tough for everybody; that it strengthens you and prepares you for the real world. But I really don’t care. The past three years here have been mind numbing and packed with one boring day after another.

Anyway, that’s my goodbye. The only thing that I will miss about this place is the friends that I made here. And I can say goodbye to them in person.

At least I was lucky enough to attend a Blue Ribbon school.

So bye.