Chapin Student Press Network

Chapin Student Press Network

Chapin Student Press Network

Another Look at IDs

The ID policy is bothersome to most students of Chapin High, and most don’t understand why it is necessary to wear them.

IDs aren’t all that bad.  Yes, it is possible for IDs to be good.  Most students don’t like them, but when asked, they could more than likely think of different occasions where their IDs have been advantageous. 

Sophomore Carli Sims seems to see some good in her ID. 

“I use my ID everyday to draw straight lines and also to attack people who are mean to me.”

But be careful, attacking someone is probably not a good idea.

Other students have different things in mind. 

“I use it to spread mayonnaise on my sandwiches,” said Colin Chasmar, a junior.

Senior, Andrew Taylor gets creative with his ID. “I’ve braided the lanyards before,” he said.

“I managed to get Coach Toothman to call me a punk last year because I flicked paper on the wall using the ID and lanyard.  It was pretty awesome,” said sophomore Cole Morgan.  But, Toothman is a pretty big guy, and it might not be such a great idea to get on his bad side.

According to this policy, students are expected to have their ID on and visible at all times.  This is required so that students of Chapin High can be easily recognized.  Also, students need to learn to be responsible with IDs because some careers require that the person wear an ID at all times. They’re sometimes hard to keep up with and, if lost or forgotten, can cause students nothing but trouble.

“I always lose them and have to pay five dollars to get a new one,” said sophomore Alyssa Goyda.

Students must also be careful with how they use their IDs; according to school rules, IDs should never be used in a manner that will cause harm to other students (that means IDs can’t be made into shanks for all those convict students out there) or in a way other than what has been instructed.  For such offenses students can be written up. The last thing students would want is Ross Man the Boss Man on their case!