Oklahoma Comes to Chapin

Oklahoma came to Chapin High School on March 10-12.  Over 150 people were involved to make this musical happen.  Many teachers and an unbelievable amount of students took part in recreating this musical.  Although, many people may think this musical is mostly performed by the drama club, this is not the case.  More than just the fine arts department is involved.  Dance, Orchestra, band, choir, economics, marketing, student government, photo and drama were all involved in this almost three hour performance. Teacher and volleyball coach, Adam Speight, along with his marketing class, is participating in this musical by constructing advertisements to promote attendance.  He also helped with the barbeque that is took place before the musical.  So much work that was put into this musical went unrecognized.  Not only did the musical take place on the stage in the old gym, the cafeteria was open before the play started where Little Pigs Barbeque provided food for those who attend.  Students and teachers prepared for the Oklahoma musical since December of 2010.  The week of the musical, students were required to be at rehearsals every night from 6-9:30 PM.  Tickets to get into the musical were five dollar, just for the play, and twelve dollars for the barbeque and the play.  The Oklahoma musical is a famous musical that bas been on Broadway, so Chapin High school participants had a lot of pressure on them to recreate this performance.  Most people who attended would agree that those who were involved did a marvelous job of recreating the musical.