Welcoming New Teachers!

Chapin High’s Student Press Network wants to welcome new faculty and staff to our school! We interviewed some of the new staff to learn a little more about who they are and what they will bring to the eagle family. Check out their profiles below!

Meet Corey Mitchell

What subject do you teach?

“I teach Mathematics (Algebra II Honors, Calculus CP, and Intermediate Algebra CP).”

How long have you been a teacher?

“This is my ninth year teaching in South Carolina.”

If you’ve taught at other schools, where?

“I’ve taught at several schools including: Saluda High School, Saluda Elementary School, Saluda Opportunity Academy, Saluda Adult Education, Spring Hill High School, and Irmo Adult Education.”

What do you like best about Chapin High School?

“The people and atmosphere of the school are my favorite things.  There is a strong feeling of belonging to a family that happens here at CHS.”

What is an interesting fact about yourself that you would like us to know?

“Even though I ended up teaching Mathematics in South Carolina, I was originally a Vocal Performance Major at Central Michigan University.”

Meet Alison Lincoln Coulter

What subject do you teach?

“Spanish (and sometimes French).”

How long have you been a teacher?  

“This is fantastic year 30.”

“Richland 2, Lexington 1 and i​​n Cape Elizabeth Maine.”

“Everything…but especially the “we are one heartbeat” family -ness of it all.”

“I am a yoga instructor and a twin. I was here 6 years ago and still have my teaching units from here.”

Meet Tess Pratt

What subjects do you teach?

“I teach English III, English IV, SAT Verbal, and Best Sellers.

How long have you been a teacher?

“This year marks my 20th year in the classroom; however, it should be my 27th.  I took seven years off to be a stay-at-home mom to my three daughters:  Kelsey, a senior, McKenna, a junior, and Riley, a freshman.”

“…Irmo High School… Dutch Fork High School (1st faculty of this school; 1st varsity cheer coach)… Michigan Center High School… Michigan Center, MI (I graduated from this school in 1984.  My father also taught here, so I had the opportunity to work with my dad every day!)… Traverse City West Senior High School, Traverse City, MI… Pelion Middle School, Pelion, SC… St. Joseph Catholic School, Columbia, SC…Chapin Middle School, Chapin, SC.”

“I love that I get to go to work with my girls every day!  Anyone who knows me knows that Kelsey, McKenna, and Riley are my world!  I also love that I get to teach kids I taught in middle school.  I have had so much fun catching up with former students.  Seeing the faces of former students has actually made this transition easier for me.  They have been so kind.  Finally, I love the faculty, staff, and administration at CHS.  I have had the opportunity to get to know them throughout the years, and I consider it such an honor to be among the very finest in this state.”

“Well, I’ve got to admit that I am not one of those cool people who has interesting talents, etc.  Hmmmm…something interesting about me.  Oh…I love 80’s rock, and my girls share in this passion.  Another “interesting” fact about myself is that I am a HUGE Michigan Wolverines fan!  Go Blue!”