Varsity Track

Varsity Track

By FALICYA CRACE

As spring nears the track team is getting ready for the upcoming season. Working hard in the weight room during conditioning is just the beginning of how hard the team is going to work to get ready for this competitive season.“We always look forward to the start of each season with great anticipation” says coach Painter As the varsity track team lost some seniors they have returning members willing to pick up where there fellow seniors left off. Senior Tony Downs along with junior Jamison Legrand are top in shot put. Senior Tony Downs and Junior Tyler Krumery are the top throwers in discuss. Standing strong as the only girl in both event senior Victoria Garret. Carson Barnes and Heath Lorick along with Hunter Magaye are back to get points for the team as the top distance runners. Lanyon McCoy is returning long distance runner for the girls along with many. “Brittany Young stands out among the sprinters” says Storm Ewing. .The track team is still in 3A and in the same region.’ The track team’s goal is to win region and advance as many to state meet as possible. Individually, the athletes want to set personal records and ultimately break the school records in theirs event’ says coach painter.