Blue Bloods

The craze has set in. Vampires have become one of the most demanded characters in best-selling novels worldwide.  Thanks to authors like Stephenie Meyer, and her Twilight franchise, teen girls (and even guys) everywhere have fallen in love with the Gothic vampire genre. 

However, Twilight isn’t the only series that is causing teens to swoon. There is another vampire series that is sucking in droves of teens and making them turn page after page.  The series is called Blue Bloods. Written by Melissa De La Cruz, the series portrays a very wealthy society of New Yorkers who just happen to be vampires.  Going to private school, wearing the latest fashion, and dealing with complicated relationships help the teenagers seem very normal, hiding their true identity. The vampires have past lives, silver blood enemies, and immortal bonds. It’s not a basic clich� vampire novel with blood sucking monsters, the sun being the root of all evil, and fangs protruding out of bloody mouths.  It’s a very well written series, making those who read it anticipate the next book.

Senior Jill Tyler said, “Usually I don’t like vampire books because there are so many, but this series seems really interesting”.

Senior Jenna Williams agrees. “I really like the genre of the Blue Bloods series”.

The series includes Blue Bloods, Masquerade, Revelations, and The Van Alen Legacy.  Melissa De La Cruz uses her knowledge of fashion and the glimmer of New York while also keeping the dark mystery of vampire genre to keep her story interesting and unique. Cruz does an excellent job of keeping the reader hooked and keeps the plot very intriguing.  It’s a very interesting series and it’s definitely worth reading.