Chapin Student Press Network

Chapin Student Press Network

Chapin Student Press Network

Top 5 Christmas Jingles

1.  Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer

2.  Jingle Bell Rock

3.  Frosty the Snowman

4.  All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth

5.  Twelve days of Christmas

The Christmas season is moving in fast.  Everyone has memories of this time of year.  One thing that many people look forward to during Christmas is the cheerful music.  There are so many different types of Christmas songs.  Every store from Bi-Lo, to Belk, to Home Depot, plays Christmas songs during the whole month of December.  Of course, every store has its own taste.  Even though they all play the same songs, they also have different versions of these songs.  Whether it’s country, techno or traditional, it’s all the same when the music is played.  It’s always fun to hum or sing along to a Christmas jingle.

In Chapin High School, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer seems to be a hit. 

“If I could, I would sit back, drink a cup of hot chocolate, and listen to Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer by California Raisins,” says Principal Ross.

While Ross would rather relax and drink hot chocolate to the sound of California Raisins, Robin Avery enjoys the song Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer because it reminds her of her childhood.

“I used to love Rudolph when I was younger.  I remember anytime I heard that song I would go find my big red flashing nose and run around the house singing along to it,” says sophomore, Robin Avery.

Another catchy Christmas song is Jingle Bell Rock by Bobby Helms.  In elementary school, the music teacher always prepares a lesson on Christmas music sometime in the month of December.  Jingle Bell Rock is like a remade version of the original song Jingle Bells.  However, it has more rhythm.  Frosty the Snowman, along with Rudolph was made into movies when our generation was too young to even remember.  Frosty the Snowman has always been a classic.  Everyone has heard this famous Christmas song. 

“My favorite Christmas song is all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth”, says freshman, Jake Berry, “It’s a funny song and it always puts me in a jolly mood”! 

The Twelve Days of Christmas has been a famous Christmas song for as long as almost anyone can remember.  Most people’s favorite memory about this song is the famous line five golden rings.  Many people don’t know lines six through twelve.

“When I was little, I remember my mom would always play Christmas albums by Kenny Rogers.  My brother and I always laugh at how much we hated it but we knew it was something we had to deal with every Christmas,” says English teacher, Patrick Funk.

No matter how much a person hates a specific song, they know that Christmas would not be the same without them.  Just because people listen to old Christmas songs, doesn’t make them boring.  Almost every Christmas song that is known as a classic has been remade and modernized to create a better outcome to listen too.  One day, if all of the classics are remade, memories might be all that is left of them.