Goodbye Chapin!

As the year comes to an end I’ve been thinking about how crazy it is that I won’t be coming back next year.

I still remember the first time I opened the doors toChapinHigh Schoolas a freshman and I can’t believe that in less than a month I will be exiting those same doors that I entered but this time I will no longer be a student at Chapin.

All I really remember about sophomore year is that it was for the most part uneventful; I just remember being so excited about our field trip to the zoo because we got to miss an entire day of classes.

Junior year was one of the more difficult years because of having to apply and prepare for college while keeping up with school work which seemed to come harder that year. It seems like just this school year I was saying in a year I’ll be a senior and I’ll be graduating; Now that its here I can hardly believe it.

And now, Senior Year, I can’t wait to graduate. Next year I’ll be a gamecock but the whole situation feels so surreal. I find it hard to believe that I won’t be coming back with all the other classes next year. That next year I’ll be on a huge campus and not in the halls ofChapinHigh School. It’s weird to think that there are a lot of my current classmates that I am likely to never see again.

Next year my class will be the ones that don’t come back, the ones that are off at college. There are a lot of reasons I’m excited- I have to be responsible for myself which gives me both more responsibilities and more freedom at the same time. It’s up to me to make decisions instead of having administrators telling me what to do and if I make a bad decision I can’t simply get by with making an excuse.

As excited as I am, I will miss some aspects of Chapin such as the students and teachers that I have gotten to know. I wish all the underclassmen the best of luck; bear with the renovations-at the end we’ll have an incredible school and if you won’t be here at least you know future students will. I also want to say goodbye to the teachers who have helped me make it by and have taught me throughout the years.