Spring Sports Update

An update on the Spring Sports Check frequently for Updated Information!!

Track and Field

The Women’s Chapin Track and Field team came in 3rd place with 80 points at the Regional Championship and the Men’s team came in 5th place with 56 points. Many athletes and relay teams will continue on to the State Championship Qualifiers on May 11th and the State Championship on May 18th.

Ava Weber

Boys Soccer

They are 14-8. The next game is today against Brookland Cayce. They are 2nd in the region, playoffs start next week for the team! They still have a chance to win the state championship! 

Reagan Cooke

Girls Soccer

They are currently 19-2. They are region champs. Playoffs start on the April 30th and state plays May 10th! They had already won the Crescent Cup earlier in the year. Girls soccer played their first round of the playoffs against Berkley winning 7-0 and moving into round two. During round two they played Ashley Ridge and won 10-1. Over the weekend they played their 3rd round game against Wando High winning 1-0. At the next game, Tuesday  May 7th, the Eagles beat West Ashley at home with a score of 1 to 0 in double overtime.  The Eagles will play against Clover on Friday May 10th.

Yara Abusamra, Lilianna Puffer, Bella Lively

Boys Lacrosse

The boys lacrosse had a great season and made it to the 2nd round of 5A state playoffs. Their season sadly ended against Wando High but they ended their season with ranked #2 in 5A and #5 in South Carolina. Grace Ridgeway

Girls Lacrosse-Wins 5A State Championship

The girls Lacrosse varsity won their game against Socastee High school by a score 21-5.  Brayden Andrews

Chapin Girls Lacrosse played in the state championship 4/26 at 11am at Irmo High School against Fort Mill High School.  The team beat Fort Mill winning a state 5A Championship. Kate Norris

Tennis

Chapin Tennis won 6 matches and lost 2. They finished number 2 in the region. Sadly, they lost in the first round of the playoffs to Spartanburg. Brayden Long

Baseball

They are 13 and 5 and were number 1 in the region.  The team plays  River Bluff on Friday at home. 

Kendall Brown

Softball

They are 17-6 and first in their region. Chapin is 7th in the state and hoping to capitalize on their successful season so far. They are currently in the playoffs. Chapin suffered a loss to Cane last night but hoped to jump back with a game on Friday.  Hunter Ellison

Football

As Chapin men’s football kicks off its spring practice, the team finds itself in a transitional phase following the retirement announcement of Head Coach Justin Gentry. Gentry, who will remain at the helm until June 30, leaves behind a legacy of dedication and leadership. As the players take to the field for spring practice, there’s an air of anticipation and uncertainty as they await news of their new head coach. Despite the impending change, the team remains focused on honing their skills and building upon the foundation laid by Coach Gentry, ensuring a smooth transition and continued success for Chapin football. 

Wyatt Zeck and Deuce Nimmo