Prom Still As Special?

A girl has to have the perfect dress, shoes to match, earrings and necklace, along with the perfect date.  Students enter high school with the anticipation of their junior year when they can attend prom.  This year atChapinHigh School, the theme is Mardi Gras.  Tickets were ten dollars if you went last year and fifty if it’s a student’s first year.  Tickets came with picture frames again this year. Boys have been doing everything they can to think of the best way to ask their crust to prom.  Some have used signs, others have written on girls cars.  Prom is a very exciting even that only juniors and seniors may attend.  A junior or senior may invite someone in a younger grade or someone who doesn’t attend Chapin.  Those who are attending prom this year seem to be very excited.  Prom has always been a major even in a high school student’s life and something they always look forward too.  Even though prom has been around for decades it’s still just as exciting. 

“The idea of getting dressed up in a fancy dress, going to dinner and dancing, just sounds fun to me,” says junior Jordan Elgin.

Prom hasn’t lost its excitement yet and it seems like it never will.  Although many students believe that prom itself isn’t all that great, the getting ready and going out is the most appealing.  Every year the junior class gets hyped up about prom.  They choose the theme and the junior board plans it.  The “typical prom night” for most high school students would be spending most of the day getting ready, taking tons of pictures, going out to dinner, dancing with their friends then having some fun after.  This year at Chapin’s prom a teacher will be attending with the “prom promise”.  The “prom promise” is a promise to not participate in drinking and other illegal activities after prom.  It is basically promoting students’ safety.  In most cases couples go with a group.  This allows them to ride together, go to dinner together, and hang out after prom.  Prom is a great high school experience.

“I feel that everyone needs to go to prom because in the future you might regret not going,” says senior Megan Fallaw.

Some students feel that if they don’t go to prom they will miss out on the experience and regret it later.  Personally, prom is still a big deal and something most students enjoy going too.  Not everyone likes the idea of dancing and getting dressed up is not appealing to everyone but for those who like it, Prom is a wonderful night of fun and enjoyment!

So, for everyone who is going toChapinHigh School’s prom on May 5, please be careful and stay safe!