Clubs busy in March

LOVE GREEN:

Love Green is preparing for community service day coming up on March 27. They are also preparing for Earth Day in April

Gay-Straight Alliance:

The GSA is preparing for Day of Silence in April. Participants will remain silent whenever possible in order to bring attention to the victims of hate crimes based on sexual orientation.  They are also planning a fundraiser.

NJROTC:

NJROTC is practicing for their upcoming annual inspection in April.

CHORUS AND ORCHESTRA:

The chorus and orchestra are working very hard to get ready for the upcoming musical INTO THE WOODS starting March 18.

BAND:

The concert band is preparing very hard in class and after school on Mondays to get ready for the concert festival. Chapin band is  also sponsoring a Band Booster Bash on Saturday, April 17, 2010 at CHS and several different places around the Chapin community

KEY CLUB:

Key club recently held elections.  Olivia Cooley is the new president, Tayla Gilreath and Mackenzie Elmer are vice presidents, Chase Blankenship is secretary, and Sara Floyd is treasurer. The Key Club will also be participating in the Chapin community service day March 27.

STUDENT COUNCIL:

Student council is working tirelessly to put on Mr. Chapin. The proceeds from the event will go to the Student Council scholarship fund.  The Student council is also selling Chick-fil-A biscuits for the scholarship.

JUNIOR CIVITANS:

The Junior Civitans will be hosting a Red Cross blood drive at the end of March. Interested students should sign up in advance in order to reserve a spot.

Fellowship of Christian Athletes:

FCA is cleaning up the Hub for Chapin community service day. They are also preparing for One Big Event, a day of food, fun, and Christian fellowship.

NATIONAL ARTS HONORS SOCIETY:

National Arts Honor Society is making decorations for Junk to Funk.National Honors Society is hosting a dance marathon on April 16th from 4-8 p.m. in order to raise money and goods for Camp Burnt Gin. Camp Burnt Gin is South Carolina camp that offers young people with physical disabilities and chronic illnesses a chance to experience a real summer camp. They are always accepting charitable donations to help care for, and make the campers experience more enjoyable. All the profits made from ticket sales and donations will be given to Camp Burnt Gin.