Spring break off to warm start

The weather is getting warmer and faces are getting tanner, and that can only mean one thing: spring break is on its way. The smell of sunscreen and tanning oils are ever present on docks and boats of students at Chapin. Along with spring break comes antsy students excited for their plans.

Every student and their family has a different way of spending their time over the break.  Some may travel while some may stay at home. Whatever the case, spring break should be fun and exciting. It is safe to say that most students atChapinHigh schoolare ready for a much needed break, and what better way to kick it off than going on vacations or hanging out on the lake. One of the more common spring break vacations at Chapin is spending a few days down at the beach.

Junior Jenna Hill says, “This spring break I eagerly yearn for my impeding odyssey to theFlorida Keys. Accompanying me in this excursion will be my parental units, as we all relish in this delightfully halcyon trip and take in the ever so tranquil atmosphere of the Floridian existence.”

Junior Hannah Martin says, “I can’t wait for break this year. My family and I are going down to Kiawah for a few days with my cousins and were going to do some outlet shopping for summer. My aunt has a condo that we’ve gone to every year since I was little. It’s a tradition.”

While some are at the beach with family or friends, other students have rather unusual ways of spending their time throughout their vacation.

Junior Sunny Ross says, “My sister Ravyn (Freshman Ravyn Ross) and I are thinking about going toNicaraguafor four days to do volunteer work with our church. I’ll miss going to my cousin’s beach house like we do every year though.”

Some students are planning on just staying at home and enjoying the nice weather over the break. A lot of students argue that nothing beats a long day on the boat out onLakeMurray.

Junior Ryan Hicks says “I’m just staying in Chapin. It’ll be fun to just relax without school stress for a week.”

Besides the monstrosity of pollen and familiar smells of bug spray, spring break should be a fun time for the hard working students here at Chapin to just relax and enjoy the warm weather with friends and family wherever they may be going. It is time for students to break out the shorts and bathing suits because the warm weather season is finally here