Anatomy Class, or Boot Camp?

Barrett BradhamAt the end of every school year, everyone in the school signs up for classes for the upcoming year. One of the many science courses offered to the school is Anatomy, the study of the human body and its workings. The course title tells a lot about the class, such as you will be learning about muscles, organs, and everything else about the body. but what is little known about the class is that boot camp is also in store. Once each year, the anatomy class, led by Mrs. Latham, marches out to the track to endure a block full of blood sweat and tears. Not so much of the blood, hopefully. They begin with a circle stretch, to make sure each muscle of the body is well stretched.  Then the class runs multiple laps around the track, alternating running and walking, to ensure a cardiovascular workout is achieved.  Alex fisher led the pack, as he was well conditioned from his multiple sports. After the running, the class split into four groups and each group did a separate exercise. One group did jump roping, one did agility ladders, another did sprints, and the last group threw medicine balls. This exercise was specifically engineered to work each muscle in the body, and to teach the students about each different muscle. It has clearly lived up to its title of boot camp, as one of the students muttered as they struggled by “This is not for ex-smokers…”