Getting Two Christmases

While a parents divorce is never really great, there is one silver lining- two Christmases one from mom and one from dad. This is one time of the year that you can really ask for anything and you usually get it.
One good thing about having divorced parents is that if one of your parents won’t get you what you want, you can ask the other one. Senior Whitney Swygert says, “I wanted a horse and my mom would not get it for me so I asked my dad and he bought it for me.” The likelihood of getting everything you want on the list seems to increase.
Another good thing about divorced parents is the backup factor.  If one of your parents decides to get you some no- name Jacket by “South Face”, maybe the other parent will be able to get you the real thing.
Also, through the Christmas season students and parents have to decide which house the child stays at on Christmas Eve.  Kids think about the parents’ emotions because maybe if they don’t stay with there mom she will get upset, if they stay at there dad’s you have to get up too early.  Freshman Payton Burn found a solution, “I always stay at my moms then I go to my dad’s house to receive his gifts.”
Through all the commotion of Christmas, the only thing that really matters is that you are receiving gifts, when some children don’t receive anything for Christmas