Chapin Student Press Network

Chapin Student Press Network

Chapin Student Press Network

McCartha’s life changed after fire

No one was home when the fire broke out but when the McCartha’s came home they    its devastation. Thursday December ninth the McCartha’s dryer caught fire. The next door neighbor was the McCartha’s granny; the granny called Mrs. McCartha. Nothing was saved from the laundry room.  They were able to save some things from other rooms in the house, but the house was not fixable. Things had smoke damage, and some things melted from the heat.  A lot of people are helping the family in their time of need; someone has given them a new dryer. They have gotten a lot of clothes and furniture for their new house. A family at their church has also given them a temporary home. “So glad that the students’ body was able to reach out and help out the McCartha’s,” says freshman Erin Fitzpatrick. Key club had done a fundraiser for the McCartha’s one day, one dollar, one family” This fundraiser means that one day march 1st, everyone at our school brings in a dollar, we would raise $1000 for the family- the McCartha’s. We didn’t quite reach our goal but we did get $500 dollars,” says senior Olivia Cooley. The fire has changed the McCartha family’s life, but they all have realized that things are as important as we think they are. It’s a lot easier than intended. “I’m very grateful and it’s amazing that everyone was so supportive during my time of need,” says freshman Grace McCartha.