Chapin Student Press Network

Chapin Student Press Network

Chapin Student Press Network

Getting ready for senior year

What’s senior year all about? It’s the time when you decide what you’re doing with the rest of your life, if you’re going to college, and if you are which college. It’s the time to get close to your friends before you say goodbye. “Big thing- do your homework for what you want to do after high school, also it’s your last chance to enjoy high school. So enjoy it,” said Mr. Kunckley. SAT is a big part of getting into college, everyone really needs to take it seriously and do well on it. “You need to the SAT to get ready for college so you can start right after high school, if you wait you probably won’t do it, said Senior Austin Persall. Senior year is not all fun and games, you really need to work hard and try, don’t get senioritis early. At this point in the year senioritis is definitely kicking in but you need to stay concentrated and finish the year, so you can go to a good college. To most people junior year is the hardest year and it’s important to get into the college you want. “Take meaningful classes to prepare for college, don’t slack off. Get good grades all the way through so you won’t have to worry about exempting your exams. Check teacher’s websites. Take SAT and bring teachers resume so they know you not just from sitting in their class,” said Mrs. Latham. Some students who were taking AP dropped to grade level because AP was too much effort or they had a bad first impression of the class, and or teacher. “If I stayed in the class it probably would have given me more preparation for college, so my advice to upcoming seniors who are thinking about dropping; don’t, no matter how hard the class is or how much you don’t like the teacher in the long run it will all be worth it,” said Senior Lindsey Gilbert. Senior year is very important so don’t take it lightly, stay focused and try your very best, it will all be worth it in the long run.