“We, as students, don’t deserve a compromise. We deserve the best.”

Student government president Logan Schumpert not only creates catchy slogans, she also has the qualities of a successful president.

“I, along with the executive board, will be wiling to communicate with the administration and the district if necessary. It will not just take me. I know this is not going to be easy, but it will be such a great experience,” vows Schumpert.

Being president comes with many responsibilities and a president needs a deep feeling of commitment in order to succeed.

“I decided I wanted to run for president because I felt as if I had the leadership and organization skills to get the job done and I have a passion for the school and being involved. I felt as if I was best suited to be president,” said Schumpert

Schumpert has set high goals for the 2011-2012 and is determined to achieve them. Her years of student government service may run in the family.

“I feel as if people who knew my sister as a former student body president and a friend will subconsciously compare my leadership to hers which may be both a good and bad thing.”

Schumpert already has plans on how she will advocate for the student body next year.

“I want to fight for what the students want next year as student body president, such as finding a new venue for pep rallies so that all students can attend, plan events for the entire student body and community to attend and get involved in, as well as fight for other needs that students make evident,” stated Schumpert.

President Schumpert also plans to continue this year’s main struggle to move ahead with the much needed school renovations.

“I do plan to fight for renovations at our school no matter what path the various lawsuits take. We, as students, don’t deserve a compromise. We deserve the best.”

As well as continuing to fight for renovations, Schumpert believes the senior class of 2012 will stand up for the changes needed.

“I think that the class of 2012 as a whole is respected and well liked among the other present classes here at Chapin. I believe that next year being seniors we will exemplify school pride and stand up for needed change.”